Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ROAD TRIP



In a past post I talked about my trips down to San Clemente to hook up with my good friend Ron House and SUP San Onofre (Dogpatch). Well after that post I started thinking that I was due for another trip so I packed my car last night and took off at 3:00am this morning. Yes, that was damn early but my friend was flying to Maui out of LAX so I dropped him at the airport at 4:30am and headed to San Onofre. I meet Ron there at 6:30am and we surfed for about 2 hours. It was great to see Ron and find out the latest news regarding his paddle boards. He is shaping some bad ass SUP boards now!! I surfed a 9' footer and it kicked ass!! It was only 27" wide. If you go short on a SUP board it doesn't do you any good to go super wide. If I ordered one of these 9' footers I would only go 28' wide. I weigh 185. You can see by the pics above that these boards are made to surf.

No comments: