Tuesday, March 4, 2008

DON'T BE A SUP KOOK


Calling all SUP surfers. Please don't be a kook. I love standup paddle boarding and don't want to see the sport get a bad rap. I can't tell you how many times I see guys on SUP boards paddle out into the lineup and just reek havoc on the surfers. I mean they just paddle out right through the line up with no regard for the guys already there and just kook it up. I am embarrassed for them and for me as a paddle boarder. Please, if you don't know how to surf, stay away from the waves until you know the rules. I decided Sunday when I was out on my SUP board that I am going to start calling these guys on their bad decisions in the lineup. I encourage you all to do the same. These boards are way too big for a non-surfer to jump in the lineup. Someone is going to get hurt. Thanks and let's all do our part to keep this sport safe and fun.

No comments: