Monday, June 16, 2008

SANTA BARBARA SURF CAMPS


Summer is here and the Santa Barbara surf camps are back at Ledbetter beach. Santa Barbara Surf Adventures that operates out of The Beach House surf shop were out in full force today. It was a beautiful day and the kids were having a great time on the small but clean south swell. I was out on my Standup Paddle board calling out waves for the kids. Now that Standup Paddle boarding (SUP) at Ledbetter Point is so popular I can see that there might be some issues between the surf camp and the paddle boarders. I know the guys that run the camp and my kids have been in this surf camp for the past couple of years. This is a super great program for the kids and I would hate to see some out of control SUP boarders hurt someone or take all the waves from these kids. Please do yourself a favor and the sport of paddle boarding a favor and don't get in the way of the kids or their instructors. They aren't in the water all the time and there are plenty of waves on the far outside or the way inside. The last thing we need is to hurt a kid at this camp. The guys that don't like this sport in this town would be all over us if that happened. Anyhow, I realized today that this might be a problem so I wanted to nip it in the bud. Thanks and I look forward to a fun summer on the water. OUT.

No comments: